June 1, 2021 Waverly City Council Vacancy
A Special Election will be held at Waverly City Hall on June 1, 2021, with polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
A Run-Off Election, if necessary, will be held June 29, 2021 at Waverly City Hall with polls open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Eligible electors who wish to have their name placed on the ballot for this election must file the “Affidavit of Candidacy” and “Nomination Petition(s)” in the Bremer County Auditor’s Office by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 7, 2021.
A minimum of 13 (thirteen) signatures of eligible electors who are residents of Ward 2 in the City of Waverly, IA, is required.
The withdrawal and objection deadline for the candidates who filed papers is 5:00 p.m. Monday, May 10, 2021.
The election will be Canvassed by the Board of Supervisors on Monday, June 7, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Following is a timeline and pertinent information regarding this election:
- Absentee voting by mail and in person will begin as soon as ballots are available but no sooner than Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- Requests for an absentee ballot to be sent by mail may be submitted from this day forward until 5:00 p.m. Monday, May 17, 2021.
- The deadline to pre-register to vote is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 17, 2021.
- After this date, Election Day Registration procedures must be used to prove identity and residency.
- The deadline to vote absentee in person is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 28, 2021.
- Voters’ are required to provide proof of ID when voting in-person
- Bremer County Offices are closed on Monday, May 31st.
- The deadline to return Absentee ballots is 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Ballots can be returned by mail and in the Bremer County Auditor’s Office.