The Bremer County Health Department's Immunization Program provides immunizations to all age groups for protection against vaccine preventable diseases. The BCHD also contracts with the Iowa Department of Public Health to provide federally-funded vaccines through their Vaccine For Children Program.
The Bremer County Health Department is enrolled in Iowa Immunization Registry System (IRIS), which is a secure statewide database of immunization histories. Vaccines available through the BCHD are those recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
Making an Appointment:
Call the BCHD at (319) 352-0082 to schedule an appointment to receive a vaccine. Please have the following information available during the call and at your appointment:
- Immunization record
- Insurance card
- Date of birth or social security number
- American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Underinsured (defined as a child with health insurance, but the plan does not include routine immunizations)
Iowa Immunization Requirements:
Iowa Code, Chapter 139a.8(6) and Iowa Administrative Code, 641-7.7(139) outline the immunization requirement for students attending licensed child care centers and elementary or secondary schools. Students shall have received the required immunizations and submit the Iowa Department of Public Health Certificate of Immunization or have a valid Certificate of Immunization Exemption-Medical or -Religious, or Provisional Certificate of Immunization.
Flu Vaccine Clinics for 2019-2020:
The BCHD flu vaccine is $32 per vaccine. Please bring all insurance cards- the flu vaccine is covered by Medicare Part B. We also accept Secure Horizon, Coventry Advantra & United Health Care Medicare Solutions. If you have an insurance that we do not accept, you can still receive the flu vaccine if paid for by cash or check. A receipt will be provided that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement for what your plan may cover.
Call (319) 352-0082 to schedule an appointment to get your flu vaccine or visit us at one of our upcoming flu clinics:
- Frederika Public Flu Clinic
- October 3, 2019 from 11:00-12:00 PM at Frederika Town Hall
- Janesville Public Flu Clinic
- October 3, 2019 from 4:00-6:00 PM at Janesville City Hall
- Sumner Public Flu Clinic
- October 8, 2019 from 1:30-3:00 PM at Sumner Public Library
- Tripoli Public Flu Clinic
- October 10, 2019 from 1:00-2:30 PM at Tripoli City Hall
- Readlyn Public Flu Clinic
- October 10, 2019 from 3:00-5:00 PM at Readlyn Community Library
- Waverly Public Flu Clinic
- October 15, 2019 from 8:45-12:00 PM at Redeemer Lutheran Church
- Plainfield Public Flu Clinic
- October 14, 2019 from 1:00-3:00 PM at Plainfield Public Library
- Denver Public Flu Clinic:
- October 10, 2019 from 10:00-12:00 PM at Denver Community Center (City Hall/Library)