Bremer County Board of Health
The Bremer County Board of Health:
- Sally Yungtum is the Chair of the Board of Health.
- Dewey Hildebrandt
- Dr. Courtney Bochmann
- Dr. Matthew Sexton is the Vice Chair of the Board of Health.
- Amanda Gesme
The Bremer County Board of Health meets during the months of:
January, March, May, July, September and November.
To be added to a Bremer County Board of Health agenda, please contact Lindley Sharp at 319-352-0082 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
On August 17, 2015, the Bremer County Board of Supervisors passed and adopted a resolution to establish a county health department under the governance of the Bremer County Board of Health in order to better provide all services mandated in Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 80. It was resolved by the Board of Supervisors to remove Home Health from the Bremer County Enterprise, Community Based Services, and establish it as the new Bremer County Health Department, all being effective October 1, 2015.
The following codes for Local Boards of Health help guide the Bremer County Board of Health in its activities:
- Iowa Code Chapter 137, Local Boards of Health
- Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 77, Local Boards of Health
- Iowa Code Chapter 455B.172, Jurisdicition of Department and Local Boards
- Iowa Code Chapter 21, Open Meeting Law
- Iowa Code Chapter 22, Public Records Law
The Bremer County Health Department promotes, protects and preserves health through leadership, service, education, prevention practices and partnerships.
Building a Healthier Bremer County